Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lead Diffusion Engineer Position In Minneapolis

I received this email from Ruth Glover, a recruiter working in the Semiconductor Industry:

"Where did they all go? Where are they now that many, many of the FAB engineer positions are being off-shored? FABs are being closed. You’d think I wouldn’t have such a hard time finding a Diffusion Engineer, but it’s proving much more difficult than I thought it would be.

“I don’t want to move. I just bought a house. My wife works and loves her job. We really like it here. I promised my kids we’d never move again. My family lives in the area. I have a new baby and I want him to know his grandma.” All legitimate reasons I’ve heard as a technical recruiter but if the engineer wants a job, he or she will need to decide how long to wait, how long the gap will be before jumping for joy when an opportunity presents itself. That wonderful opportunity may no longer be available when the decision is made to look outside the comfort zone.

I live and work in Dallas. It’s a great place to live and work. But I also lived in Minneapolis. It’s also a great place to live and work. It’s all about attitude. You set the tone for readjustment. If you want to stay in process engineering in the sc industry these days, you need to either be realistic about moving or finding a career counselor, as you may need to change careers and start over again. You have to go where the jobs are.

I have a fabulous opportunity for a Lead Diffusion Engineer position in Minneapolis I can hear the wheels going on in someone’s head right now! No, the bridge that just fell in Minneapolis wouldn’t be a factor. The plant isn’t near it. I’ve heard all the excuses I can stand for one day.

There! I got that off my chest!"

Ruth Glover
CAREER CONSULTATIONS

Please send your resume to rglover@hotcareers.com if you are interested.

hotcareers.com


Please click here to sign up for the Semiconductor Jobs Newsletter

No comments: